Pmkisan (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) – The government has introduced the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Central Sector Scheme to give income support to all Marginal and Small Landholding Farmer Families to augment their financial needs for purchasing numerous inputs for home needs as well as those related to agriculture and related operations.
According to the Plan, the Government of India will bear all financial responsibility for the benefit transfer to the intended beneficiaries. All landholding farmer families receive a financial benefit of Rs. 6000 annually through the PM-KISAN Yojana scheme. Every four months, this amount is due in three equal installments of Rs. 2000 each.
Table of Contents
Goal of the PM Kisan Yojana
Farmers are one of the most important segments of society, and agriculture is a significant component of India’s economy. However, farming communities have frequently battled with financial prosperity due to socio-economic differences that exist between urban and rural areas of the country. Since India’s independence, a larger portion of its population has been troubled by this problem.
The federal and state governments have worked tirelessly to improve these neighborhoods through a number of programs designed to address this social and economic issue. The Indian government started the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana in 2018 to aid these villages.
On August 9, 2020, the Indian government released the sixth installment of this program, which was received by roughly 8.5 crore farmers. According to its goals, this project attempts to assist about 125 million farmers in India, especially those who are marginal or small-scale.
How Did the Plan Take Effect?
2018 saw the launch of the Ryuthu Bandhu scheme by the Telangana government. A set amount was distributed by the state government twice a year as part of this project to support a farmer’s investment in agriculture. This initiative’s direct advantages for farmers were widely acknowledged and praised.
The Indian government followed suit and introduced a comparable Farmer’s Investment Support Scheme to provide money to farmers all around the country. On December 1st, 2018, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana went into force. According to the government’s first declaration, this program will receive Rs. 75000 crore per year.
What Characteristics Does the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Have?
The following informational resources address some of the important aspects of this scheme:
1. Income Assistance
The support it offers farmers for their minimum income is this Yojana’s key element. In India, every qualifying farmer family is entitled to a yearly payment of Rs. 6000. The money isn’t given out all at once, though.
Instead, it is spread out into three equal payments that are spaced four months apart. Thus, each farmer gets Rs. 2000 every four months. Beneficiaries may use this sum in a variety of ways. Pradhan the Mantri Kisan Samman No usage restriction is expressly defined in the Nidhi Yojana criteria.
PMKSNY is a farmer support program funded by the Indian government. As a result, the Indian government provides all of its funding. It initially said that a reserve of Rs. 75,000 crore will be allocated to this project annually.
On August 9, 2020, it used Direct Benefit Transfer, or DBT, to deposit the most recent installment of Rs. 17,000 crores into the bank accounts of the scheme’s beneficiaries.
3. Identification of the Party
The GOI is in charge of funding, but it is not in charge of determining who will receive the money. Instead, the State and Union Territory administrations are in charge of it.
These governments shall identify which farmer families will benefit from the scheme. Here, it is crucial to note that per PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’s definition, a farmer’s family shall comprise a husband, wife, and minor child or children.
Who Qualifies for the PM Kisan Program?
Its qualifying requirements are one of the most important aspects of this government program. Farmer households who meet these requirements can take advantage of this Yojana:
- PMKSNY is open to small and marginal farmers.
- Families of farmers who own arable land are qualified to qualify for the advantages of this program.
- The recipient must be an Indian national.
In addition to this, farmers from both urban and rural areas may apply to join the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. However, according to its rules, some groups of people are not eligible to receive benefits.
Who is Not Included in the PMKSNY?
Not all farmers are eligible for financial support under the PM Kisan scheme. Below are certain groups of persons that have been mentioned:
- This initiative is not open to institutional landowners.
- Farmer households that have at least one member who meets the following requirements are also ineligible.
- People who formerly or currently held a constitutional post.
- People who are currently serving or have previously served in any government ministry, department, or office, as well as its field unit.
- People who have worked in government-affiliated autonomous bodies and public sector enterprises (PSUs) at the state or federal levels.
- Regular staff members of regional governments.
- Ministers in both the central and state governments, present and past.
- Members of the Lok and Rajya Sabha, both current and past.
- Members of the State Legislative Assembly and State Legislative Councils, both current and past.
- any District Panchayat Chairperson, past or current.
- Mayors past and present of any municipal corporation.
- Individuals and their families who submitted income taxes in the prior Assessment Year (AY) are ineligible to receive Pradhan Mantri Kisan. Samantha Nidhi Yojana.
- This program is not available to anyone who has retired or reached retirement age and receives a monthly pension of Rs. 10,000 or more. It does not, however, apply if the pensioner is a member of a multitasking team, a Class IV employee, or a Group D employee.
- Families with professionals who work in their respective specialties, such as doctors, engineers, chartered accountants, lawyers, and architects, are also disqualified from this program.
How Can I Sign Up for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
People who meet the requirements for this program as stated above can register themselves as beneficiaries in the following ways:
- PMKSNY nodal officials must be proposed by the governments of each State. People can approach them to sign up for this program.
- To register, eligible farmers can also speak with their neighborhood patwaris or revenue authorities.
- By paying a charge, it is also possible to sign up for this program through the Common Service Centers (CSCs).
In addition to these, people can register for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana online through a specific portal. To begin, one must go to the official website of PMKSNY and select the “New Farmer Registration” option under the Farmer’s Corner heading.
By selecting the “Status of Self-registered/CSC farmers” option under Farmer’s Corner, farmers who self-register and enroll via a CSC can view their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status.
What are the Registration Documents Needed?
Individuals must complete the following paperwork in order to apply to be a beneficiary of this program:
- Proof of citizenship: Aadhaar Card
- Land ownership proof documents and bank account information
If registering online, individuals must submit scanned copies of these documents.
How can I check my eligibility for the PM Kisan Scheme?
The government of India (GOI) distributes the yearly minimum income support of Rs. 6000 in three installments, as was previously announced. Enlisted farmers can verify their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status online in the event that they did not get their payment on time.
The steps are as follows:
- Visit the PMKSNY website in step 1.
- In Step 2, select “Beneficiary Status” from the Farmer’s Corner menu.
- Step 3: Type in your Aadhaar, registered mobile, or account number.
Any of the aforementioned numbers can be used to view the status of a receipt by users.
Through its portal, people can also determine whether they are on the Beneficiary List for this plan in their village. To do that, one must take the following actions:
- First, under Farmer’s Corner, select the option labeled List of Beneficiaries.
- Step 2: Click Get Report after selecting the State, the District and Sub-District, the Block, and the Village.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana list for that village is then available to view. These are all the details concerning the scheme’s status that are required. Those who haven’t signed up yet might do so to get the next payment of Rs. 2000.
Who is qualified to receive benefits under the Plan?
As of 01.02.2019, any landholding farmer families with a cultivable landholding of up to two hectares, whose names are listed in the land registries of the States/UT, are eligible.
receive benefits under the program. However, the following individuals are not qualified to get the benefits from these:
(a) All institutional landowners; and
(b) farming families with at least one member falling under one of the following categories: i. Previous and present
- Previous and current occupants of constitutional positions
- Former and current Members of the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies, and State Ministers, as well as former and current Members of the Lok Councils of Legislators, past and present mayors of municipal corporations, and past and present district panchayat chairpersons.
iii. All officers and employees of Central and State Government Ministries, Offices, and Departments, as well as their field units, Central or State PSEs, Attached Offices, and Autonomous Institutions under the Government, as well as regular employees of Local Bodies (with the exception of Multi Tasking Staff and Class IV/Group D employees), whether they are currently employed or have retired.
- All superannuated or retired pensioners (apart from Multi Tasking Staff, Class IV, and Group D personnel) whose monthly pension is Rs. 10,000 or more
- Everybody who paid income tax during the most recent assessment year.
- Professionals who are registered with professional organizations and actively practice their professions, such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and architects.
PM-Kisan application procedure
The following methods are available for farmers to apply for this program:
The qualifying farmers can apply for this program by providing the necessary information to the revenue officials, village patwaris, or other specified officers or agencies.
Qualified farmers can pay the required fees online or at their local Common Service Centers (CSCs) to register for the program.
Through Farmers Corner, qualified farmers can also self-register on the PM-Kisan portal.
The information that must be submitted in order to register is:
- Phone number.
- Aadhaar Number (or, in the absence of an Aadhaar Number, the Aadhaar Enrollment Number) and any other identification required by law, such as a voter’s ID, a driver’s license, an NREGA job card, or any other document issued by the federal, state, or local governments.
- Number of the applicant’s bank account.
PM-Kisan Assistance Line
Farmers can contact the PM-Kisan Helpline at 155261/011-24300606.